Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day




I love valentines day. Growing up we always did stuff at home as well as at school for valentines. Usually some treats were near our breakfast, or we got a card and chocolates after school. I want my kids to love valentines day, so I started them early on it.

This year I made them their own valentines envelopes that velcro shut. They hold chocolates and fun things. This year Sadie got a couple chocolates and fancy heart crayons that I made yesterday (Lucas gets to use his next year). I collected all the busted up bits of crayons and put them in my heart baking tray at 300 degrees for 20 minutes. Once they cooled for another 20 minutes, they were ready to go. She has a blue one, pink one and orange one. We coloured today while eating chocolates. It was good.

Tonight I'm going to try and make enchaladas, rice and black beans for dinner (not really romantic, I know), but I have a chocolate cake -- made from scratch! I've never actually made cake from scratch. It wasnt bad, and it was fun. No more box mixes for this girl.



Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment